How To Make Next Year Your Best Year Ever!
In This Issue:
2017 is winding down and sometimes we reflect on what could have been. From our vantage point, we see business is better in every market across the country. A strong stock market and favorable housing trend always helps.
BUT WHAT WILL YOU DO DIFFERENTLY TO MAKE 2018 THE BEST EVER?
We have several straightforward suggestions. All are aimed at making more money, improving productivity, accumulating more cash and gaining more bandwidth to grow. Of course reducing the chaos would be great too.
Here’s What To Do
1. Start by getting the counting in your business standardized.
2. Link item level detail to get it started
3. Shift to progress billing internally to know where you stand continuously
4. Implement proactive terms and requests for payments
5. Adopt the VITAL Signs dashboards to lead you
6. Fix your margins (yes you are leaving money on the table)
7. Get Labor billing up to par
8. Get compensation in line with your size
9. Reduce a few expenses
10. Check progress monthly and take actions
If you do these ten things, you will be on your way to a standardized 20% profit on revenue, generate more cash, finish jobs faster and more accurately while achieving top 10% industry performance.
WOW .... this must takes months, if not years, and cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Wrong and Wrong. It can take as few as 3 to 4 months to get steamrolling and the cost is $1,000 to get set-up and $300/month for the dashboard service.
If you are a $1.5M company (6 to 9 employees), as an owner you should be making $350K+/yr between salary and company profit. Would you spend $4,600 and one year to find out? Larger companies have proven that it is directly scalable.
Oh, and the money you make, you can make every year going forward.
This system has been proven with over 30 companies in the past 2-3 years.
We won’t kid you; its work. It’s changing what you do, but it’s incredibly worth it.
Two of our recent stars came on board last December - by April they were seeing amazing results. Both are performing at industry leading levels the past three months and the year-end looks great! Be what you can truly be.
Make 2018 the year of excellence. You work too hard not to.